We strongly recommend that you also read details relating to your walk prior to booking and the Frequently Asked Questions to ensure that you understand the itinerary, style and physical demands of the trip you are undertaking.
General Trade Conditions
I. Introductory Provisions
1. These General Trade Conditions (hereinafter ‘GTC’) constitute the legal relation between the company YANKA Studio (hereinafter ‘supplier’) and each natural or legal person that is a customer (hereinafter ‘client’) according to these GTC and to whom the supplier provides its own Slovak for a day services and products (hereinafter ‘SFaD walks’) on the basis of its website (www.slovakforaday.com). All relations between supplier and the client which are not regulated by these GTC shall be governed by the legal regulations valid on the territory of the Slovak Republic.
2. Legal relations between the supplier and the client are governed by these GTC, by the contract/order and unless modified otherwise by these documents, they are governed by generally binding legal regulations of the Slovak Republic, especially with respect to § 3 par.1 of Act No. 102/2014 Coll. and the provisions of § 741 et seq. of Act No. 40/1964 Coll. (Civil Code), as amended.
3. These GTC are drawn up in accordance with:
– Act no. 40/1964 Coll. The Civil Code, as amended,
– Act no. 250/2007 Coll. On consumer protection, as amended,
– Act no. 102/2014 Coll. On the protection of the consumer in the sale of goods or the provision of services on the basis of a distance contract or a contract concluded outside the premises of the seller and on the amendment and supplementation of certain acts, as amended.
4. Our contract
All bookings are made with Slovak for a day, which is part of the services provided by YANKA Studio. By booking a SFaD walks with us you are deemed to have agreed to these GTC (which constitutes the entire agreement between the client and supplier) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice.
5. Your acceptance of these GTC
By booking your SFaD walks with us or using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of these GTC. You warrant that: a/ you are of sufficient age to use our services and website and can create binding legal obligations in connection with your use; b/ you understand that you are financially responsible for any use of our services or website by you and those using your name; c/ you are legally authorized to act on behalf of those you represent and accept these GTC on their behalf, and the information supplied by you or members of your group is true and correct.
Dates and itineraries are valid until 31 December 2018. Beyond 31 December 2018 dates and itineraries are indicative only.
II. Basic Terms
1. Supplier –
Janka Tothova – YANKA Studio
Address: Sokolska 11, Bratislava 81104, Slovak Republic
Identification number (IČO): 47814756
TAX ID (DIČ): 1087012608
Tel. +421 949 050709
Company registered in the Slovak Trade Register, Trade Licensing Office of the Bratislava I District Registry, Registration Number: 110-234461.
Supervisory Authority: Inspectorate SOI (Slovak Trade Inspection) for the Bratislava Region; address: Prievozska 32, P.O.Box 5, Bratislava 82007, Slovak Republic; e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Client – a natural person or legal entity (customer) that draws up a contract or makes an order via online order form, by phone, in writing via e-mail or personally.
3. Parties – supplier and client.
4. Contact – all documents are delivered to the e-mail address that the client or supplier has notified to the other party for the purpose of delivery of the consignment.
5. Order – a document automatically executed on the basis of a properly and correctly filled-in SFaD walk order form/application by the client or any mutually confirmed proposal of the parties which contains basic data: Subject of the order; ordered number, type, date and time of the SFaD walks; client’s unique code and identification (name, address, telephone, e-mail); price of the SFaD walks; date and way of the payment.
6. Contract – a written document under this name which contains basic data: Subject of the contract; date; number of customers; type, date, time, price and meeting point of the SFaD walks; client’s identification (name, address, telephone, e-mail); date and way of the payment.
7. Invoice – a written document under this name which confirms the payment made (represents the tax document) or requires the payment to be made and contains basic data: Invoice number; client’s and supplier identification (name, address, telephone, e-mail); client’s unique code; type, number and price of the SFaD walks.
8. SFaD walks – Slovak for a day services and products.
III. Method of Booking
1. In accordance with the regulation of mutual relations with the supplier, the client orders above mentioned SFaD walks in a method stipulated in the following provisions of these GTC article.
2. SFaD walks can be ordered via online order form, by phone, in writing via e-mail or personally.
3. The order must contain:
a/ client’s identification (name, address, e-mail, telephone);
b/ client’s unique code
c/ data required by the supplier (e.g. number of clients, requested type, date and time of the SFaD walks);
d/ invoicing data and method of payment (wire transfer, credit card, PayPal, cash);
e/ contact data on person who is authorized to arrange a given order on behalf of the client.
4. The contract is executed electronically on the basis of a properly and correctly filled-in SFaD walks order form/application, the full payment and subsequent electronic acceptance of the order by supplier.
5. The written confirmation of the order/contract by the supplier is decisive for its conclusion. By confirmation of the order supplier is committed to provide the service in accordance with the order/contract.
6. The contractual relationship between supplier and a client is binding on all persons listed in the order form/application. The client guarantees fulfilment of his contractual obligations.
7. The confirmed order is binding for the client. In case the client withdraws from the binding order (it is cancelled before its realization), the supplier is entitled to charge the cancellation fees mentioned in Article VII., par.8 in these GTC.
8. In case the supplier shall not be able to provide the client with the ordered services in agreed upon date, the date of the ordered service shall be changed upon mutual agreement with the client.
9. In case the supplier will not be able to provide the client with the ordered service due to the reasons mentioned in Article V., par.1a/ in these GTC, or the client shall withdraw from the order due to these reasons and has paid, this payment will be reimbursed in full amount.
IV. Client Rights and Responsibilities
1. Client rights include the right:
a/ be provided with agreed and paid services;
b/ be informed about terms of ordered and paid services;
c/ be informed of changes in ordered services;
d/ withdraw from the order/contract at any time prior to the date of service delivery in accordance with the cancellation terms;
e/ raise complaints about service deficiencies in accordance with the complaint procedure mentioned in Article IV., par.2h/;
f/ to receive from the supplier all documents needed for providing services (e.g. instructions, vouchers);
g/ to withdraw the contract without any obligation to pay the cancellation fees if supplier postpone or change booking due to reasons stated in the Article V., par.1a/ in these GTC. Full payment made will be returned to the client.
2. Client responsibilities include:
a/ to provide true and complete information to the supplier, and also inform him about all changes and submit the documents needed for providing services, if it is required;
b/ to arrive to the agreed starting point 10 minutes before the start of the service. If the client does not arrive in the due time, supplier reserves the right not to provide the service and to act as it is stipulated in the Article V., par.1d/;
c/ to report any disability to the supplier at the time of booking. Disabled or low-mobility clients, who require special attention, must provide themselves with a qualified and physically fitting companion for a SFaD walk. Children under the age of 15 on the day of walking SFaD must be accompanied by adults;
d/ to pay for the services as it is stipulated in the Article VI. and VII. in these GTC;
e/ to identify yourself with unique code and to respect customs and culture of the Slovakia;
f/ to respect the instructions of the guide;
g/ if the client causes damage to the supplier, the client has to make up for it to the full extend;
h/ to make a complaint immediately directly to the guide that he can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of your SFaD walk. Complaints raised retrospectively will not be accepted;
i/ to pay attention to their stuffs. Supplier is not responsible for any item lost or stolen during activity;
j/ if the client acts as a legal entity that enters into the contractual relationship with supplier, he must inform its clients about these GTC, as well as about other facts related to the ordered services and ensure that all his clients will respect them.
V. Supplier Rights and Responsibilities
1. Supplier rights include the right:
a/ to terminate the contract, postpone or change booking time due to force majeure or due to circumstances beyond control. For the force majeure are considered unexpected events, or expected events but beyond control which have impact on services delivery (strikes, measures of the state power bodies, natural elements and disasters, technical obstacles);
b/ to change the date of realization of services upon agreement with the client, if providing of ordered services in agreed time is not possible;
c/ to cancel a part of service due to an insufficient number of participants as some parts (brewery tour, wine tasting) are subject to a minimum number of participants;
d/ to change the date, time or terminate the contract if the client does not arrive in the due time.
2. Supplier responsibilities include:
a/ to provide the client with all needed information about the ordered services that are known at the date of concluding a contract and are able to influence the client’s decision;
b/ to deliver services on the place and in the time stipulated in the order/contract. A tax document about delivery of services will be issued;
c/ to announce all changes happened due to force majeure or due to circumstances beyond control, to the customer, mainly estimated possible time of service providing.
VI. Price of Services
1. Prices of the SFaD walks listed on the website, in the catalogues, or in the other documents are total (tax included), only approximate and can be further adjusted. The final price is listed in the order/contract.
2. The supplier reserves the right to agree upon separately with the concrete client the price and payment conditions in a concrete services order, it means differently from these GTC, the prices listed on the website, in the catalogues, or in the other documents.
3. The discount/voucher only applies to prices that are valid at the time of establishment of the order/contract, in any other case the discount expires. Only one discount/voucher will be allowed per customer. Any combination of discounts/vouchers is not possible.
4. The commission for the legal entity that enters into the contractual relationship with supplier is included in the prices of SFaD walks.
VII. Payment Conditions
1. Client is bounded by the order/contract to pay for services properly and in time. The confirmed order is binding for clients. The client is obliged to pay in advance (before the delivery of SFaD walks) according to the agreement with the supplier on the basis of the order/contract or invoice.
2. After client’s successful payment made the supplier will issue for the client a tax document about delivery of services.
3. The client can pay the price through the application on the supplier’s website (PayPal, credit card, wire transfer) or in cash on the time and meeting point determined by the contract/order or to the account announced by the supplier to the client in electronic or writing form.
4. In case of wire transfer the order/contract is deemed to be paid on the date when the supplier receives the payment to its bank account.
5. Price for services is payable in Euros.
6. The client is obliged to pay to the supplier the full sum for the number of persons stated in the accepted order or in the concluded contract.
7. In case the client does not pay the full price by the deadline stipulated in the order/contract or in these GTC, the supplier has right to claim the interest on the overdue accounts in the amount of 0.5% from the due sum for each day of delay.
8. In case the client withdraws from the binding order (it is cancelled before its realization), the supplier is entitled to charge the following cancellation fees:
a/ 2 days and less prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price;
b/ 3 – 5 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of total price;
c/ 6 – 9 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price;
d/ 10 – 31 days prior to commencement of services: 25% of total price.
e/ In case of partial cancellation (if the client cancels only some SFaD walks), supplier reserves the right to charge cancellation fees for the cancelled service as it is hereby stipulated. The client is also obliged to pay all fees that refer to the ordered SFaD walks if it is required by the subcontractor.
9. In case the supplier will not be able to provide the client the ordered service due to the reasons mentioned in Article V., par.1 in these GTC, or the client shall withdraw from the order due to these reasons and has paid, this payment will be reimbursed in full amount.
VIII. Termination of Order/Contract
1. The order/contract is deemed terminated on the day of settlement of all obligations and claims of contractual parties.
2. The order/contract can be terminated before the date stipulated in the preceding paragraph by withdrawal in accordance with these GTC with the exception of the Article V., par.3 of these GTC.
3. The supplier is entitled to withdraw from the order/contract if:
a/ the client delays in payment of the price for services, in spite of the supplier’s notice to pay in a reasonable additional deadline;
b/ after the conclusion of the order/contract with the client the provable facts on the part of client have arisen which give the reason for justified doubts about the possibility of punctual and full performance of all duties and obligation on the part of client, namely in connection with payment of the price for services;
c/ in other cases if it is allowed by these GTC, order/contract or generally binding legal provisions.
4. The order/contract expires by the withdrawal from the beginning. The validity of the order/contract terminates in the moment of delivery of withdrawal to the client from the side of supplier by e-mail or any written form. By the withdrawal from the order/contract the rights and obligations, which have arisen as a consequence of breach of the order/contract, especially the claim for damages, contractual penalties and other sanctions, lost profits, etc., do not cease to exist.
IX. Other Provisions
1. Materials such website content, booklets, leaflets, pictures, documents and other data about SFaD walks are perceived as an informative material unless they are declared as binding.
2. The supplier remains the ownership and author’s right to all data, pictures and materials (in printed or electronic form) without any exceptions. The client is not entitled to use, translate, copy or make duplicates of any material connected with the supplier’s services.
X. Final Provisions
1. These GTC are valid from 1 January 2018.
2. The supplier is entitled to alter/change the content of the GTC, prices, as well as to modify text or to correct mistakes that may possibly appear on its website and printed materials without previous notification. The new GTC conditions are binding for the client only after publishing on the supplier’s website or being sent to the client by email. The provisions of Article I. and II. are not affected by this.